Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving/ Thankful Thursday

It seems so fitting that Thanksgiving falls on a Thursday every year! I just happen to benefit very well from it because it's suppose to be Thankful Thursday on the blog, but I have been so delinquent since I started working this year.

Now, I know that I don't have very many blog readers, but this blog seemed to be a great outlet for me earlier this year! I have found that I would much rather type out my thoughts, because I can't write nearly as fast, or nearly as neat...therefore when I go back to look through posts, it takes me forever to read them because I can't decipher what I've written.

So, Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! I am currently still sitting in my bed at 11:20am and watching the snow fall through the crack between the window frame and the shade! It's such a beautiful sight! I keep thinking back to Thanksgiving last year.

Last year my family decided to have Thanksgiving down in the Outer Banks...this was one of the best/craziest ideas that they've ever had! Well, I flew down on the Tuesday night before Thanksgiving because I had to work, and well, that was the first experience I had with flying around the holidays, and I hope it's one of the last! Then we spent the next 4 days just eating and drinking! I was able to relax, I spent a lot of time to myself because I was trying to discern what my future was going to hold! I was a recent college graduate who was filling a long-term sick leave replacement and didn't know where life was going next and didn't know where God was going to place me.

This year, I'm a not so recent college graduate who is filling a maternity leave replacement position that ends in 3 weeks, has 2 offers for other maternity leaves and a full time position opportunity that she's still in the running for! HOW CRAZY! I still don't exactly know where God is calling me, but I do have a better understanding of how He wants me to live, and how He's using me in the church!

So, although there are still so many unanswered questions about life, I am content with waiting on God!

Here is my list of Thanks for This Thankful Thursday/Thanksgiving Style:
1.) My Family: They have been so supportive for my entire life, and it's such a blessing!
2.) My Job: I have the opportunity to impact the lives of children everyday, and I pray that it's always a positive impact.
3.) The First Snow: How cool is it that today is the first snow of the winter!
4.) Matthew 5: The Beatitudes have been coming up a lot recently, so I took time to read them over this morning, they are life changing! It puts things in perspective!
5.) My Church Family: They have been so supportive especially over the last 18 months! I love them very much!
6.) Opportunities
7.) Movement
8.) My car holding together!
9.) My Friends
10.) My Jesus


Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you all enjoy a wonderful day with your families!

No comments:

Post a Comment