Monday, June 21, 2010

Has it really been 3 weeks?

Has it really been 3 weeks since I last posted something? That's crazy! For some reason, I've put off posting something for Thankful Thursday for 2 weeks, it's not that I haven't been thankful, but for some reason, I've been in this "funk." That's how my roommate would put it!

There has been so much going on over these last 3 weeks! I've secured a maternity leave position, and have a strong lead on a permanent position. I've sung an entire weekend of services at my parents church. I've read a few books. I've house sat for my friends. I've worked a few days here and there. I've gone to the shore. I've hung out with my friends, and seen some good movies. I've planned for my cruise next month, and I've started counting down the days till my birthday!

I've been so preoccupied recently. I've been dreaming a lot too; so much so, I've been having a hard time falling a sleep. I've been dreaming about what life's going to be like starting in September when I have a classroom again, and what I'm going to do with that paycheck! Mostly, what car I'm going to purchase with that paycheck! Last summer I was stuck on a Honda Civic, but now I really want an SUV! I've got my heart set on a JEEP, and now that I know what I want, I keep seeing them everywhere, and it's killing me because I know that i can't buy one until at least December, but I have next to no money saved up for that car! So, needless to say, I've been drooling over this car! But, then I was thinking through it a little more and that car is going to be a lot of money just with insurance, so now, I've got a lot more research to do and then when I do finally obtain a full time position then I can start looking into purchasing a vehicle even further.

With all of this waiting, I've nearly been going batty! I'm trying to stay calm and trying to not put myself in a position (in my head) that I'm not suppose to be at! I have a tendency to imagine myself in a place where I want to be, but it's not necessarily the place where I'm suppose to be. I haven't been spending a lot of time praying about it, and I know that I need to be doing that! I don't want to make any decisions without first having confirmation.

So there's an update about what's been happening here in 3 weeks! I'm sure there has been a lot more, but this post could be a mile long if I write anymore!

Be on the look out for a new thankful thursday this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment